The MSc IF aims to train and develop a cadre of persons who will be competent in financial management tools and techniques within the context of local, regional and international business operations. The programme, while geared towards offering a unique and exciting approach to the teaching of finance and international business topics, was created to provide local financial professionals with useful knowledge and skills to operate in financial environments, analysing global financial situations from a local perspective.
Benefits of the MSc IF
- Finance Career Professional: Graduates will possess competence in the range of
finance functions and will be equipped to guide and manage junior staff in this area
- Management Skill Set: Finance graduates are trained to design and execute the
trajectory of finance in an enterprise by applying sophisticated frameworks, analytics,
ideas, and tools that tackle the complexity of the new and ever-changing market conditions.
- Faculty & Real-Life Master Experience: Our faculty possesses a wealth of academic,
research and industry experience. Our international faculty brings to the programme
research, teaching, and consulting styles from European, Asian, and North American
perspectives. In addition, our local facilitators contribute their extensive knowledge about the complex and
rapidly changing business environment found in the Caribbean and Latin America.
It is a two-year, intense part-time programme, with classes on evenings (5:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.) and
weekends (9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.). The programme consists of two workshops and sixteen examinable
The academic year is broken into three trimesters: January to April, May to August, September
to December, with exams in April, August, and December. Class participation is mandatory and
there is an 80% class attendance requirement for examinations and GATE.
Benefits of the Lok Jack GSB
- Globally accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA)
- Locally accredited by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT)
- GATE funding available for eligible individuals
- Brilliant and qualified faculty of local and international academics and experts
- Academic faculty who have completed extensive research in business education internationally
- Practitioners who are business owners with successful operations and expansions in many territories
- Dedicated faculty who facilitate learning and ensure you have grasped concepts for each area of business in this specialty
Premium Student Experience
- Access to UWI-Lok Jack GSB’s community of more than 2,000 alumni
- Mentorship opportunities with prominent alumni
- Networking opportunities
- International Study Trips
- HigherEd EFMD Global Career Services
- World-class facilities available for study, research, and recreation
- Additional access to the UWI, St. Augustine’s facilities
Illuminate Live is a virtual learning environment (e-Classroom) that is used to conduct fully online (synchronous) sessions where students and lecturers can collaborate using interactive tools in order to participate from any location once they have an Internet connection, microphone, and speakers.
- A first degree in Financial Accounting and Management Accounting with Honours from a recognised university
- ACCA or other professional qualification in Finance.
- A minimum of two years of working experience in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- Professional qualification in Finance, Insurance or Banking and
- A minimum of five years of working experience in a senior managerial position, in a
Who should apply?
Persons working in Finance (Banking, Insurance, Auditors, Financial Advisors, Economists,
Accountants, Engineers, Project Managers, Computer Scientists and Financial Analysts).