The MSMEM is a 20-month, blended, part-time programme borne out of an evident need for entrepreneurship in the Caribbean region, as documented in a number of national and regional studies in recent years. In response, the UWI-Lok Jack GSB, in collaboration with several commercial banks, business leaders, and policymakers, created this programme to bridge the entrepreneurship gap, thereby making the region’s economies more sustainable.
The programme is designed to:
- Empower existing and future business owners.
- Teach students how to create opportunities to excel in today’s highly competitive marketplace.
- Expose students to a globalised environment.
Benefits of the MSMEM:
- Flexible & accessible – once you have an internet connection, you can access classes from anywhere in the world!
- 100% Practical – there are no exams and your business is your project
- Succession; legacy planning where you build your business for future generations.
- Authentic learning educational approach, which offers a holistic curriculum of practical courses and assignments that include problem-based learning strategies, projects, presentations, simulations, action learning and case teaching. Our programme will equip you with the knowledge and skills required to transform you into a leader in your field.
- Consultant for Small and Medium Businesses, Expansion of Business.
- Access to the MSMEM Alumni Community. MSMEM alumni are business owners who are seeking personal development and growth for their business.
Benefits of the Lok Jack GSB
- Globally accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA)
- Locally accredited by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT)
- GATE funding available for eligible individuals
- Brilliant and qualified faculty of local and international academics and experts
- Academic faculty who have completed extensive research in business education internationally
- Practitioners who are business owners with successful operations and expansions in many territories
- Dedicated faculty who facilitate learning and ensure you have grasped concepts for each area of business in this specialty
Premium Student Experience
- Access to UWI-Lok Jack GSB’s community of more than 2,000 alumni
- Mentorship opportunities with prominent alumni
- Networking opportunities
- International Study Trips
- HigherEd EFMD Global Career Services
- World-class facilities available for study, research, and recreation
- Additional access to the UWI, St. Augustine’s facilities
Exposes students to a globalised environment.
- A first degree with Honours from a recognized university.
- A minimum of two years’ working experience, including self-employment.
- Professional certificate
- A minimum of five years’ working experience, including self-employment.
The MSMEM programme comprises:
- 13 online core courses
- 3 face-to-face workshops.
Classes for core courses will be conducted online and students will have the opportunity to interact with classmates and professors in our virtual lecture room. These sessions will be recorded, uploaded to our e-learning platform, and will be available at your convenience. Mandatory workshops will be conducted face-to-face – which means that you will need to make the required arrangements to attend in the nearest territory (if it becomes necessary, as it may not be held in your own country).
- International and Caribbean Business Environment (36 hours)
- Introduction to Management (36 hours)
- Introduction to Financial and Managerial Accounting (36 hours)
- Professional Development Team Building (8 hours)
- Orientation to Online Learning at Lok Jack GSB (8 hours)
- Small Business Financial Management (36 hours)
- Managing People at Work (36 hours)
- Commercial Law (36 hours)
- Pricing and Credit Decision (36 hours)
- Operations and Supply Chain Management (36 hours)
- Market Research (16 Hours)
- Customer Relationship Management (36 hours)
- Marketing Management (36 hours)
- Network Management for Small Enterprises (36 hours)
- Growing the Business (36 hours)