The MISM programme is for students who look beyond traditional educational boundaries. It is cutting edge in both purpose and substance and will help you to develop the requisite skills to take on a role in marketing management in a variety of organisations. Our programme addresses the complex issues that face marketing managers in the 21st century. It focuses on marketing strategy and management within the context of global markets. You will learn how to evaluate cultural differences and to enhance your marketing skills in developing and implementing marketing strategies and decision-making in an international context.
Benefits of the MISM
- Draws on the research interests of the marketing faculty.
- Addresses the forces underlying the development of international business, and the unique challenges that exist when entering the global marketplace, and how to understand and overcome them.
- Deepens and advances the student’s understanding of core marketing theories and concepts.
- Balances theory with practical application.
- Systematically develops key business skills including team collaboration skills, management skills, and presentation skills.
- Gain expertise in international marketing, including strategic thinking and all the skills required to become a success in a chosen marketing career.
- Ensures students acquire competencies in the areas of marketing strategy and tactics, research, and analysing, interpreting, and applying data. Graduates will be able to develop effective marketing strategies based on the analysis and interpretation of this marketing data.
Benefits of the Lok Jack GSB
- Globally accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA)
- Locally accredited by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT)
- GATE funding available for eligible individuals
- Brilliant and qualified faculty of local and international academics and experts
- Academic faculty who have completed extensive research in business education internationally
- Practitioners who are business owners with successful operations and expansions in many territories
- Dedicated faculty who facilitate learning and ensure you have grasped concepts for each area of business in this specialty
Premium Student Experience
- Access to UWI-Lok Jack GSB’s community of more than 2,000 alumni
- Mentorship opportunities with prominent alumni
- Networking opportunities
- International Study Trips
- HigherEd EFMD Global Career Services
- World-class facilities available for study, research, and recreation
- Additional access to the UWI, St. Augustine’s facilities
Gain expertise in international marketing, including strategic thinking and all the skills required to become a success in a chosen marketing career.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with at least Lower Second Class Honours or 2.0 GPA.
- At least two (2) years’ work experience in the public, private, or social sectors.
Additionally, applicants are required to be computer literate (i.e. Microsoft Office Proficient and Internet Savvy)
- Introduction to Economics
- Introduction to Strategic Marketing
- Business Communication & Case Analysis Techniques
- Personal Development and Team Review
- Marketing Management
- Market Research
- Human Behaviour in a Social Environment
- Introduction to Finance & Accounting
- Fundamentals of CRM
- Excel & Access for Business
- Organizational Behaviour
- Selling and Sales Force Management
- Spanish for Business Purposes
- International Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Fundamentals of Leadership
- International Marketing and Cross Cultural Management
- Insight Development and Innovative Product Development
- Pricing and Revenue Management
- Practicum Begins
- Strategic Brand Management
- Digital and Social Marketing
- Practicum Continues
- Service, Non Profit and Government Marketing
- Marketing Analytics and Model for Marketing Strategy
- Practicum Completion