The IMBA programme is designed to develop your analytical and problem-solving competencies, as well as the people management skills necessary to prepare you for the leadership mantle. You will learn through theoretical and practical frameworks for analysis, application of knowledge, and the synthesis of core disciplines taught in the IMBA from a global context.
The IMBA will provide you with the tools and capabilities required to:
- Identify challenges in order to make informed and strategic decisions that positively affect business performance and results.
- Develop the people skills required to lead a team while ensuring that organisational goals are met.
- Conduct research and create innovative solutions with your peers using real-life organisational challenges in the practicum phase of your academic development.
This programme is globally accredited and recognised by the
Association of MBAs (AMBA), the global standard for all MBA programmes.
Benefits of the IMBA:
- A flexible schedule of evening and weekend classes.
- Authentic learning educational approach, which offers a holistic curriculum of practical courses and assignments that include problem-based learning strategies, projects, presentations, simulations, action learning and case teaching. Our programme will equip you with the knowledge and skills required to transform you into a leader in your field.
- It will establish the academic, professional, and research foundation required for doctoral or further studies.
- Seven options of areas of concentration for specialization:
- Energy Business Management
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Health Care Management
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Strategy & Competitiveness
- Business Ownership, Promotion, Career Change, Consultancy Opportunities, International Job Prospects, Thought-Leader, Expertise, Professional Diversity.
Access to a Prestigious IMBA Alumni Community
- Alumni for the IMBA programme occupy influential positions in private and public sector companies across the Caribbean.
Benefits of the Lok Jack GSB
- Globally accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA)
- Locally accredited by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT)
- GATE funding available for eligible individuals
- Brilliant and qualified faculty consisting of local and international academics and experts
- Academic faculty who have completed extensive research in business education internationally
- Practitioners who are business owners with successful operations and expansions in many territories
- Dedicated faculty who facilitate learning to ensure that you have grasped concepts for each area of business in this specialty
Premium Student Experience
- Access to UWI-Lok Jack GSB’s community of more than 2,000 alumni
- Mentorship opportunities with prominent alumni
- Networking opportunities
- International Study Trips
- HigherEd EFMD Global Career Services
- World-class facilities available for study, research, and recreation
- Additional access to the UWI, St. Augustine’s facilities
Illuminate Live is a virtual learning environment (e-Classroom) that is used to conduct fully online (synchronous) sessions where students and lecturers can collaborate using interactive tools in order to participate from any location once they have an Internet connection, microphone, and speakers.
- First degree with Class honours OR minimum GPA of 2.0) from a recognized or accredited University
- Three years’ postgraduate work experience
Additionally, applicants are required to be computer literate (i.e. Microsoft Office Proficient and Internet Savvy)
Programme Structure & Schematic:
The 24-month part-time programme is comprised of:
- 14 core courses
- 7 workshops
- 2 concentration electives
- 2 non-credit courses
- 1 Practicum
- International Study Trip (optional)
The academic year is broken into 3 trimesters:
- January – April
- May – August
- September December
Exams and/or assessments in April, August, and December.
Class participation is mandatory and there is an 80% class attendance requirement.
- Preparation for Authentic Learning 1 – Teambuilding (8 hours)
- Preparation for Authentic Learning 2 – Programme Overview with PD (6 hours)
- Preparation for Authentic Learning 3 – Experiential Teambuilding (Coast Guard) (6 hours)
- Math Clinic (9 hours)
- Authentic Teaching & Learning Approaches (8 hours)
- Microeconomics for Management Decision Making
- Organizational Behavior & Development
- Fundamentals of Leadership
- Team Review (8 hours)
- Global Awareness for Corporate Decision-Making
- Macroeconomics and the International Business Environment
- Marketing Management for the Emerging Business Leader
- Financial Statement Analysis for Global Firms
- Finance and Accounting (6 hours-Online)
- Group Coaching Session (2 hours)
- Practicum Launch (3 hours)
- Elective / Concentration Briefing Session (mandatory) (2 hours)
- Spanish (36 hours)
- Governance and Ethics in a Stakeholder Economy
- Business Analytics and Quantitative Analysis Models for Decision Making
- Introduction to Management Accounting (6 hours-Online)
- Practicum-based workshops
- Business Plan Preparation (24 hours) OR
- Professional Engagement in Organizations (24 hours)
- Group Coaching Session (2 hours)
- Research Methods (36 hours)
- Management Accounting for Growth Oriented Firms
- Strategy Options for Business Growth
- Group Coaching Session
- Contemporary Human Resource Management Systems
- Technology Systems Driving Competitive Advantage
- Process and Operations Management
- Managing Networks and Internationalizations
- Concentration Elective 1
- Concentration Elective 2
Contact Us Today!
Join an institution that will contribute significantly to your professional and personal development!
Contact us today to speak with an Academic Advisor:
- 645-6700 ext. 200