Identify core challenges and problems to make strategic decisions that would positively affect an organisation.
Executive MBA Overview
The EMBA programme is designed to transform senior executives into capable global leaders who would be instrumental in planning and charting the strategic direction of an organisation. The programme equips forward-thinking, global, transformational leaders in both private and public sectors, with the tools and capabilities required to:
- Identify core challenges and problems in order to make strategic decisions that would positively affect an organisation.
- Develop the people skills and competencies needed to lead an
organisation while accomplishing organisational goals.
- Collaborate with other senior executives from the Caribbean to conduct research and create applicable solutions for a practicum project.
- Develop a renewed mindset to business and management, engaging in holistic development as an academic and professional.
This programme is globally accredited and recognised by the
Association of MBAs (AMBA), the global standard for all MBA programmes.
- Flexible class schedule with primarily weekend sessions, and occasional weekday sessions.
- Authentic learning educational approach, which offers a holistic curriculum of practical courses and assignments that include problem-based learning strategies, projects, presentations, simulations, action learning and case teaching. Our programme will equip you with the knowledge and skills required to transform you into a leader in your field.
- It will establish the academic, professional, and research foundation required for doctoral or further studies.
- Consultancy, International Job Opportunities, Job Promotions, Expertise in your field, Change Agent, Ability to restructure your organisation for greater efficiency, Community Impact, Thought-Leader.
Zoom Online Delivery
- The Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) is offered to regional and international students through our Zoom Online platform, which gives students the ability to log into classes anywhere and participate as though they were physically present in the classroom.
EMBA Alumni Community
- Alumni for the EMBA programme are at top-level management positions in private and public sector companies in Guyana and the Caribbean.
Benefits of the Lok Jack GSB
- Globally accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA)
- Locally accredited by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT)
- GATE funding available for eligible individuals
- Brilliant and qualified faculty consisting of local and international academics and experts
- Academic faculty who have completed extensive research in business education internationally
- Practitioners who are business owners with successful operations and expansions in many territories
- Dedicated faculty who facilitate learning to ensure that you have grasped concepts for each area of business in this specialty
Premium Student Experience
- Access to UWI-Lok Jack GSB’s community of more than 2,000 alumni
- Mentorship opportunities with prominent alumni
- Networking opportunities
- International Study Trips
- HigherEd EFMD Global Career Services
- World-class facilities available for study, research, and recreation
- Additional access to the UWI, St. Augustine’s facilities
Illuminate Live is a virtual learning environment (e-Classroom) that is used to conduct fully online (synchronous) sessions where students and lecturers can collaborate using interactive tools in order to participate from any location once they have an Internet connection, microphone, and speakers.
- First degree with Honours, from a recognized or accredited university.
- At least seven years’ senior managerial experience.
Applicants who do not hold a first degree but possess relevant professional training and extensive experience may opt to seek entry into the programme through the mature route. Requirements:
- Professional and/or academic certification such as ACCA level 1 or 2; Executive Diplomas/Certificates.
- Must be over 30 years and possess at least 12
years senior managerial experience.
Additionally, applicants are required to be computer literate (i.e. Microsoft Proficient and Internet Savvy)
Preparation For Authentic Learning (PAL) Workshop:
- PAL 1 – Team Building (8 hours)
- PAL 2 – Personal Development (8 hours)
- PAL 3 – Professional Development (8 hours)
(All PAL are compulsory)
The Global Mindset
- Global Macroeconomics and Expanding Caribbean Economic Space (36 hours)
- The Art, Science and Practice of Leadership (36 hours)
The Catalytic Mindset
- Corporate Finance and Statement Analysis (36 hours)
- Marketing Management with Lead User Methodology (36 hours)
- Option to start Elective 1 (36 hours); Elective 2 (36 hours)
The Catalytic Mindset
- Management Accounting(36 hours)
- Optimizing Human Potential in Organisations (36 hours)
- Research Methods for Business and Management(18 hours)
The Catalytic Mindset
- Decisions Sciences for Operational Excellence(36 hours)
- Management Information Systems (36 hours)
- Research Methods for Business Management (18 hours)
- Option to start from Trimester 2 – Elective 1 (36 hours); Elective 2 (36 hours)
- Business Planning Workshop(20 hours) or
- Principles of Management Consulting (16 hours)
The Sustainable Mindset
- Sustainability, Ethics and Governance (36 hours)
- Global Strategy, Entrepreneurship and Innovation (36 hours)
The Execution Mindset
Practicum: Option to start from Trimester 4
Contact Us Today!
Join an institution that will contribute significantly to your professional and personal development!
Contact us today to speak with an Academic Advisor:
- 645-6700 ext. 200