An accident defined is – ‘an unplanned event that interrupts the completion of an activity, and that may (or may not) include injury or property damage’.
The Occupational Health and Safety Act of Trinidad and Tobago 2004 fully came into effect in August 2007. What does this mean to an employer? It means you are now bounded by law, under the General Duties clause of the act to “Ensure, so far as reasonably practicable, the safety, health and welfare at work of all his employees” section 6 (1).
In spite of our best efforts, accidents occasionally occur. While many seem to happen for obvious reasons, there may be things that contribute to an accident which are not always apparent. That’s why it is vital to conduct a thorough Accident Investigation.
If there were to be an accident on the premises of an employer, whether it is an employee or a visitor, the employer is required to conduct an accident investigation with the main reasons being:
- To find out the cause of accidents and to prevent similar accidents in the future
- To fulfill any legal requirements with relation to the act
- To determine the cost of an accident
- To determine compliance with applicable safety regulations to process workers’ compensation claims
(Part VIII section 46 through 52 of the Act goes into great detail on what is the legal requirement of the employer).
Upon completion of this workshop, participants should:
- Become more proficient at time management by prioritising work and maintaining focus
- Manage interruptions and conflicts with greater ease
- Use a daily action plan to allocate time and energy
- Remain focused and act more decisively when priorities shift
- Develop an understanding of time management and stress survival techniques to help them balance the tough choices they face every day
- Make better decisions by gleaning the right information and appraising the situation more effectively
- Become stronger communicators with techniques that enable them to question and clarify priorities
- Gain the cooperation of others by communicating the risks and gains of decisions
- Utilise the right tools to balance and manage tough choices.
- Date: January 21st, 27th & 28th 2018
- Time: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Cost per participant is inclusive of all training materials and certificate.
- Venue: Arthur Lok Jack Global School of Business
- Max Richards Drive,
Uriah Butler Highway North West
- Coordinator: Tariq Abdul-Haqq ext. 310
- Tel: 645-6700 Fax: 662-1411
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org