The IMBA programme is designed to develop your analytical and problem-solving competencies and people management skills necessary to prepare you to take the leadership mantle.
About MSc IF
To improve the international competitiveness of people and organizations in the Caribbean
through business education, training, consulting and research.
To educate extraordinary innovative leaders who positively reshape business and society
while constantly challenging the status quo of human development.
The MSc IF aims to train and develop a cadre of persons who will be competent in financial
management tools and techniques within the context of local, regional and international
business operations. The programme, while geared towards offering a unique and exciting
approach to the teaching of finance and international business topics, was created to provide
local financial professionals with useful knowledge and skills to operate in financial
environments, analyzing global financial situations from a local perspective.
Benefits of the MSc IF
- Finance Career Professional :Graduates will possess competence in the range of
Finance functions and will be equipped to guide and manage junior staff in this area
- Management Skills Set: A Finance graduate is ready to design and execute the
trajectory of Finance in an enterprise applying sophisticated frameworks, analytics,
ideas and tools that tackle the complexity of the new and changing market conditions in
order to overcome the special circumstances now facing firms.
- Faculty & Real Life Master Experience: Our faculty possesses a wealth of academic,
research and industry experience. Our international faculty brings to the programme
research, teaching and consulting styles from an European, Asian and North American
perspective while our local facilitators add their rich knowledge about the complex and
rapidly changing business environment found in the Caribbean and Latin America.
It is a two-year intense part time programme, with classes on evenings (5.30pm-8.30pm) and
weekends (9:00am-4:00pm). The programme consists of 2 workshops and 16 examinable
The academic year is broken into three trimesters, January to April; May to August; September
to December; with exams in April, August and December. Class participation is mandatory and
there is an 80% class attendance requirement for examinations and GATE.
Benefits of the Lok Jack GSB
- Locally accredited by Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT) Institutional accreditation
- GATE Funding available for eligible individuals
- UWI-Lok Jack GSB community with more than 2,000 alumni o Featured alumni
- Local and International Faculty o Academic Faculty who have done extensive research in business education internationally
- Practioners who are business owners and have successful operations and expansions in many territories
- Faculty who facilitate learning and ensure you have grasp concepts for each area of business in this specialty
- Networking opportunities
- Mentorship opportunities with prominent Alumni
- HigherEd EFMD Global Career Services § International Study Trip
- Access the UWI´s Facilities (Library, Study rooms, etc. – include here what they actually have access to)
Illuminate Live is a virtual learning environment (e-Classroom) that is used to conduct fully online (synchronous) sessions where students and lecturers can collaborate using interactive tools in order to learn from any location once they have an Internet connection, microphone, and speakers.
- A first degree in Financial Accounting and Management Accounting with honours from
a recognized University
- ACCA or other professional qualification in Finance.
- A minimum of two (2) years working experience in Finance, Accounting, Economics or
- Professional qualification in Finance, Insurance or Banking and
- A minimum of five (5) years of working experience in a senior managerial position, in a
Who should apply?
Persons working in finance (Banking, Insurance, Auditors, Financial Advisors, Economists,
Accountants, Engineers, Project Managers, Computer scientist and Financial Analysts).Persons working in finance (Banking, Insurance, Auditors, Financial Advisors, Economists,
Accountants, Engineers, Project Managers, Computer scientist and Financial Analysts).