The MBA in Sustainable Energy Management is the only of its kind in the region. It is the vehicle for changing the mindset of citizens, to move away from oil and gas and it encourages living in harmony with the environment in a sustainable fashion. It is a unique, innovative and student-focused programme that is rigorous and relevant to the international sustainable energy movement.
The MBA SEM programme will provide you with the tools and capabilities required to:
- Contribute meaningfully to the planning, execution and monitoring of micro to large energy projects and organizations at local, regional and international levels.
- Establish a framework for the development of regional clusters and diversification of the economy, especially in the context of reduced dependency on revenues from oil and gas.
Benefits of the MBA SEM programme:
Our MBA SEM is one of the four most innovative programmes in the World!
- We received the MBA Innovation Award for our MBA SEM from the Association of MBAs (AMBA). The Association of MBAs is the international impartial authority on postgraduate business education. Their accreditation service is the global standard for all MBA, DBA and MBM programmes. http://www.mbaworld.com/
- “Authentic Learning” teaching & learning approach, which provides practical courses, assignments, real and actual project-based and problem-based learning activities and presentations that will enhance your knowledge and skills that can be implemented in your organization
- Through case studies, simulations and group activities, students will gain global insights into the key aspects of renewable energy.
- Energy safety and environmental consultants, Energy Policy formulation Regulator, Energy Analysts, Energy Efficiency Advisors, Energy Marketing Officer, Energy Operations, Energy Project Managers, Energy Auditors.
- Access to a prestigious MBA SEM Alumni Community
- Alumni for the MBA SEM programme are successful in the industry and are changing the paradigms of oil and gas to renewable energy.
Benefits of the Lok Jack GSB
- Locally accredited by Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT) Institutional accreditation
- GATE Funding available for eligible individuals
- UWI-Lok Jack GSB community with more than 2,000 alumni o Featured alumni
- Local and International Faculty o Academic Faculty who have done extensive research in business education internationally
- Practioners who are business owners and have successful operations and expansions in many territories
- Faculty who facilitate learning and ensure you have grasp concepts for each area of business in this specialty
- Networking opportunities/
- Mentorship opportunities with prominent Alumni
- HigherEd EFMD Global Career Services § International Study Trip
- Access the UWI´s Facilities (Library, Study rooms, etc. – include here what they actually have access to)
Gain an understanding of evolving energy markets and the management of renewable energy resources
A First Degree with Honors from a recognized or accredited University plus three years postgraduate working experience.
Applicants who do not possess an undergraduate degree, but have accumulated at least seven (7) years of relevant working experience in a managerial or supervisory position may be eligible through the mature entry route.
Additionally, applicants are required to be computer literate (i.e. Microsoft Proficient and Internet Savvy)
- Personal Transformation and Professional Development (24 hours)
- Sustainable Development and Regulation of the Energy Industry (36 hours)
- Climate Change Issues and Environmental Impact Assessment for Energy Projects (36 hours)
- Research Methods (12 hours)
- Spanish for Business Development (36 hours)
- Global Macroeconomics and Regional Geopolitics of Energy (36 hours)
- Globalisation of Regional Renewable Energy Markets (36 hours)
- Spanish for Business Purposes
- International Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Fundamentals of leadership
- International Marketing and Cross Cultural Management
- Insight Development and Innovative Product Development
- Pricing and Revenue Management
- Practicum begins
- Strategic Brand Management
- Digital and Social Marketing
- Practicum continues
- Service, Non Profit and Government Marketing
- Marketing Analytics and Model for Marketing Strategy
- Practicum Completion