The Occupational Safety and Health Act of Trinidad and Tobago established the need for a safety and health committee where there are 25 and more employees. The health and safety committee is an advisory committee to ensure a healthy and safe workplace and not as a body responsible for enforcing legislation. The committee recommends actions to management who has the authority and responsibility to make changes to meet goals and objectives. This workshop will assist committee members, managers, and health and safety professionals to establish an efficient and effective OccupationalSafety and Health Committee that will meet legal requirements and help the organization protect all those who may be affected by their operations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of their roles and responsibilities under occupational health and safety legislation.
- Forming an effective committee.
- Conducting effective and efficient committee meetings.
- Undertaking committee activities as set out in the occupational health and safety legislation.
- Recognising workplace hazards and recommend control measures.
- December 4th, 5th, 6th, 2017
- :00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Cost per participant is inclusive of all training materials and Certificate of Participation.
- Venue: Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business
- Max Richards Drive,
Uriah Butler Highway North West
- Coordinator: Umesh Sookoo ext. 367 | Gabrielle Ghany ext. 115
- Tel: 645-6700 Fax: 662-1411
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org