Applying to do a Post-graduate degree can be a daunting prospect. You want to ensure that you’re investing your time, effort and money wisely and research whether or not you’re getting the calibre of education you signed up for.
Did you know that having an accredited degree can make a huge difference in your future career?
- Your graduate programme didn’t have a process to resolve student grievances
- When you applied to pursue your graduate degree, you had no information on the curriculum or assessments and policies?
How would you feel? What would you do?
This then is the value of accreditation, ensuring that there is a standard of quality to adhere to. Doing some research on what accreditation means for you can save you both time and trouble in the future.
Here’s why Accreditation DOES matter:
- “Quality is the Key”- this is the motto of the Accreditation Council of Trinidad & Tobago(ACTT). Institutions with ACTT accreditation lends to the institution’s dedication to providing quality education for students and instils confidence that the programmes are supported by high quality processes, standards and resources. Why do we say this? Well, this accreditation body only recognises and endorses institutions that have sufficiently met their rigorous and methodical accreditation process. The key components of this process includes institutional self-evaluation and external evaluations conducted by teams of local and international expert assessors established by ACTT, ensuring that you get the quality you expect.
- There isn’t a single person we know who doesn’t want value for their money. The accreditation process assures you that the education you’re paying for is valuable and worthwhile. The process, outlined above, makes certain that an institution isn’t just saying“take our word for it” when it comes to quality and integrity. Accreditation, therefore, is not so much a status to be attained but a commitment to ongoing improvement.
- While a higher chance of mobility and employability is not guaranteed, employers can trust that the graduates of an accredited institution have been well-prepared to shape the corporate world, thus making graduates more marketable.
- Financial support by the government. With recent announcements stating that GATE funding will only be awarded to institutions with ACTT accreditation, it’s imperative now- more than ever- for you to seize the opportunity to apply to an ACTT accredited institution; only given to institutions that are financially sound.
Think carefully and do your research. Consider if the school also has international accreditation and the implications of a registered institution vs an accredited one. Need further advice and guidance?
Speak to one of our advisors on how you can access GATE and the HELP Loan for our January 2018 Master’s Degrees:
Student Recruitment Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
645-6700 ext. 200
2) New and international opportunities
There are numerous International MBA options in Trinidad and Tobago, but it’s like comparing apples to oranges: not all International MBA’s are created equal. The final decision is yours, but you must ask yourself “do you want to carry the MBA title or do you want to develop the necessary skills, learn with a powerful network of like-minded individuals, participate in the holistically transformative experience and thereby EARN the MBA title to be able to use it in real-life?”
This is your chance to be part of an experience that encompasses a practical approach to real-life business problems through the Lok Jack GSB’s authentic learning approach to education. Students who are part of the programmes are exposed to relevant content and experiences, such as international study trips to places like China, Brazil and Silicon Valley to name a few. Our partnerships give us exclusive access to global internships with large multinational companies and other international alliance benefits, that will prepare you well for the international business world. Employers are apt to choose graduates that can do the work from an international perspective.
3) International Business and Leadership Expertise
The right International MBA provides the technical business skills and necessary soft skills needed for the new dynamic workplace through team building and leadership workshops. Our Faculty possess a wealth of academic, research and industry experience. The international faculty brings to the programme research, teaching and consulting styles from an European, Asian and North American perspective while our local facilitators add their rich knowledge about the complex and rapidly changing business environment found in the Caribbean and Latin America. At the UWI – Lok Jack GSB you’ll be exposed to a valuable ecosystem of Faculty, Alumni and peers that are focused on success in business.
4. Be Double-Qualified!
The UWI-Lok Jack GSB offers an International MBA with a dual-degree option that provides you with the opportunity to transfer credits between the UWI-Lok Jack GSB and the Florida International University (FIU), and earn 2 degrees: FIU’s Master of International Business (MIB) and the UWI-Lok Jack GSB International Master of Business Administration.
Omkar R. Seetahal, International MBA student describes how the dual degree helped to launch his global career – “after one year, I became eligible to transfer to FIU as a dual degree student andearn two Masters degrees simultaneously but most importantly have an opportunity to work for aforeign aerospace multinational corporation where my talents could be utilized to full potential. “
Add accolades and experience to your belt that will give you an added competitive advantage!
Did you know?
- 50.61% of our graduates received an increase of salary after completing their Masters’ Degree with us? Where will you be?
- 21.87% of our students started their own business post-graduation?
- 64% of our graduates believed the course content considered both the current & future business environment? That’s valuable content that could be used strategically to propel your career. It’s time to use the opportunities placed before you!
The Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business prides itself in offering one of the most comprehensive and thorough approaches to preparing our candidates to perform after their Master’s Degree experience. With dedication and application, you can become and achieve all that the International MBA promises. As an institution that is accredited by ACTT, funding is no problem as you have access to GATE and the HELP loan.
If you are ready to experience a different degree, contribute meaningfully and launch your career in the right direction, speak with one of our Academic Advisors at 647 6700 extension 200 or email us at email@example.com